SEO Guide for Home Delivery Businesses
To give the businesses with Kiva Logic an advantage, Kiva Logic does a lot in the background to help promote and optimize your website with the Kiva Logic home delivery software. Here is a BASIC overview of what you can do, and how we help. Above all, here are the three basic rules you should follow:
- BE AUTHENTIC - do everything for your potential customer, not for computers or bots. If you come off as spammy, Google will nail you.
- BE CONSISTENT - SEO is a long term strategy, post regularly, update regularly, and review regularly
- CREATE GOOD CONTENT - constantly create new content. Social media posts, blogs, articles, etc. Use videos. Use pictures. Write for humans.
For you to do NOW
- Add your business to Bing Places (especially if you are in the USA)
- Add your business to Google My Business
- Update the on page SEO (instructions below) for EVERY page
IMPORTANT- make your online profiles as complete as possible!
Monitor your keywords
Create a Google Alert or Talkwalker Alert for the following:
- your business name
- your URL
- relative keywords (ex: "organic produce delivery nevada")
Don't be afraid to create lots of alerts, you can always delete them if they don't work out.
Take action on keywords
Now that you are receiving alerts on your keywords, here's some ideas of what to do with relative alerts:
- write a blog post
- respond to customer feedback
- save link to Buffer to share with your followers
- create a keyword tool page
It's raining and you're stuck inside. Try doing one of these:
- Add your business profile EVERYWHERE (local chamber of commerce, BBB, local business listings)
- Update your product descriptions to have at least 100 words
- search and follow Twitter users
- create images/text for Twitter and compelling content for social media
- create new longtail keyword pages
- submit your site to local directories
Some SEO stuff we do
This is a general outline of things that we take care of behind the scenes:
- Install Google Analytics (email email@example.com for access to your data)
- Monitor and improve site speed
- install Google webmaster tools
- install Bing webmaster tools
- auto update and submit sitemaps to Google and Bing
- serve all content from https
- auto generate SEO title/meta descriptions for pages that don't have them
You are more than welcome to take over your webmaster tool accounts, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Page SEO
Set the title and description for every page you have on your website using our SEO keywords tool.
- Log in to your website
- Go to the front facing portion of your site
- Browse through every page, every shop page, every product page, and click on the 'SEO' button for that page. Add a custom title and description for each page that accurately describes what the page is.
IMPORTANT: Facebook, Google, and Twitter will cache results so you may not see your changes for some time. This is normal. You can check out your updates live with these tools: Facebook Open Graph Test, and Twitter Card Test.
Here are a few resources if you'd like to learn more. Never stop learning friends! Marketing is a never ending journey!
- Facebook Ads Tips by Facebook. Read it all BEFORE you start spending money on ads.
- SEO checklist by ClickMinded.com
- A cheat sheet for building high ranking authority without cheating by QuickSprout.com
- Simple guide to SEO by Neil Patel
Have a tip?
Find something that works for you? Share it by sending us an email to email@example.com