Data entry is performed by admin users with the access level 'Customer Service'. The only admin pages they have access to are the Customers page, the "Add Customer" page, and the "Customer Details" page.
- this admin type can only see the customers that they have created when viewing the 'Customers' page. We may add date restrictions as well, which would limit this admin user type to view only the customers created in the current week.
NOTE: a full 'admin' user can still see all customers, regardless of which agent created the account.
Adding a New Customer
The customer service agent first clicks on the 'Add Customer' button at the top right of the 'Customers' page.
They are asked to fill in basic account information, and a new 'member id' field.
The shipping cutoff is 12 (noon) each day for shipments that go out Monday - Thursday. Here are the rules we use:
- if the current day is greater than Thursday, the next available day is Monday
- if the current day is Thursday and the time is greater than or equal to 12pm (noon), the next available day is Monday
- if the current day is Thursday and the time is less than 12pm (noon), the next available day is Thursday
- if the current day is Mon, Tue, or Wed, and the time is greater than or equal to 12pm (noon), the next available day is today + 1
- if the current day is Mon, Tue, or Wed, and the time is less than 12pm (noon), the next available day is today
The 'select shipping date' dropdown will show the next 20 options available for shipping.
The delivery address is entered using an 'address autocomplete' feature powered by the Google Maps API.
Meals are displayed by category, and up to 14 are allowed to be selected (this number can be changed).
A counter at the top right of the page will display how many meals have been selected. If the limit is reached, a popup alert is displayed and no more meals may be selected.
Approved by Plan
This is just a checkbox that MUST be checked in order to create the new customer
New Customer Creation
When the new customer is created, an order is created at the same time with the selected delivery day and week. The account schedule is set to 'periodic' so no future orders are automatically generated.
A new shipping admin user type called 'Orders & Delivery Pages' is allowed to view- you guessed it! The "Orders" and the "Delivery" pages. Here's a sample of this user type admin view:
From the "Orders" page, they can see all the orders for the current week, and use any/all of the filters. On the "Delivery" page, they can view the Order downloads for each day.
A new export type has been created for these purposes here is a sample: farmboxdirecthealthymeals_11_20_2019-3.csv
The columns are
- address line1
- address line2
- ship date
And then followed by the Meal Categories, one category per column. Any meals in the order are included in the appropriate column, and seperated by a " | " charecter.
Meals have been broken down into main categories:
Full admin users can view and edit these products just like normal on the "Products" page:
For unit types, we use either 'breakfast' or 'dinner'.